Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another Early Morning, 2-21-09

It looks like a storm in coming in tonight so I wanted to get some BC skiing in today (Saturday). I had a problem though, Dina had plans with "the girls" starting at 11:00. Not really a problem; I just got up at 5:30 and loaded my gear and my partner (Yuki) in the truck for an early morning ski. After grabbing my usual bagel on the way we were skinning around 7:00. I initially parked at the maintenance station across the road and just below Sky Tavern, but got "shoo'ed" away by a guy in a big snowplow (I don't argue with snowplows) so we went up to the parking lot just past Mt Rose Ski area on the right (before Sunshine Knob). From there we skinned up Sunshine and skied three great powder(ish) runs on the north side. It's funny how one day you can feel like a stud and the next time out like a wimp. I was definitely the wimp today. I'm recovering from a GI bug ( I left a "deposit" to prove it) and it's amazing how much that can sap you. My legs just didn't have it on the climb. But it was really beautiful and I'm glad we got out there.

After getting home and eating lunch I had a little time to relax before heading back up to Mt Rose with all three boys where we skied with the Livingston boys while the moms were enjoying the warm afternoon downtown (biked there) on the "wine walk".

The only picture I took was of the mountain on the way up (batteries died):

No comments: